One-Time Upgrade of Ruby-on-Rails Project
Two main steps:
- Prep/Stablize Step includes:
Actual Upgrade step includes:
- Set up development environment and work flow.
- Verify that current code is stable and building in development environment.
- Conduct touch analysis on web site to learn the application.
- Adding non-delivered code to support the upgrade.
- Moving to the latest build of current release.
- Establish a performance benchmark for use during upgrade process.
- Run baseline security assessment.
- Document existing bugs if found.
- Working with you to create biweekly iterations of upgraded
Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails code.
- Release new/changed code as "pull request"